Benefits of Direct Online Hotel Bookings

Benefits of Direct Online Hotel Bookings

The hotel business has witnessed enormous growth in the last few years as millions of hotel properties are currently offering their guests online reservations. Online hotel reservations have become a remarkably common way of booking hotel rooms as travelers from all over the globe can make room reservations from the comfort of their home. OTA’s

The hotel business has witnessed enormous growth in the last few years as millions of hotel properties are currently offering their guests online reservations. Online hotel reservations have become a remarkably common way of booking hotel rooms as travelers from all over the globe can make room reservations from the comfort of their home.

OTA’s supply travelers with a wide of array of lodging options, letting them make an informed decision by comparing prices and amenities of unique hotels. Some of the popular OTA’s include Expedia, Travelocity, MakeMyTrip, etc.. OTA’s provide pictures of hotels and rooms, information on prices and deals, reviews of travelers, etc which makes it a good deal easier for people to make reservations.

However, even though using a presence on OTA’s could be quite beneficial; you cannot dismiss the value of reserving directly on hotel sites. Immediate Hotel Bookings attract frequent, faithful leisure and unmanaged business travelers, who concentrate on schedules, and advantage. Hotel websites cater to this audience with more personalization and devotion, whereas OTA’s appeal to several types of travelers like infrequent, leisure travelers that take very few trips per year and therefore are more price-sensitive.

A recent poll taken in 2008 states that just 39 percent of online travel sales are made through online travel agencies (OTA’s), whereas the remaining 61 percent are created directly at hotel websites. Certainly, the percentage of travellers making online reservations via OTA’s is less than half compared to reservations made directly at resort websites.

An increasing number of resorts have their own sites with a booking engine attached to their own website to allow people to reserve rooms in real time. This way hoteliers can advertise their resorts straight for their guests via their sites.

Listed below are some of the benefits of Direct Hotel Bookings:

  • Increase in earnings by eliminating fees of 20-30% billed by intermediary sales channels
  • Control of room rates and increase in number of bookings from own website
  • Manage entire customer experience from purchasing, reservation, and post-stay follow-up
  • Provide a comprehensive offer of options including restaurants, health spas , spas and other conveniences
  • Offer guests using more hotel pictures, movies and a Complete description of this resort property
  • Offer better rates and pricing with no additional booking fees
  • Provide confidence to travelers that the booking will not be dropped between a revenue intermediary and the hotel.¬†Get more information about online hotels and¬†reservations.com click above the link
admin
ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel